Monday, September 7, 2009

Since our last blog we have driven many miles, taken many doses of medication and worked on many pieces of make-up work. On the Tuesday before we were to leave on Thursday to go to NC for Amber and Stumpy's wedding, Ella came down with the flu - yes, the Swine flu. Cory was out of town - of course - and I was bracing myself for the worst. The doctor put us all on Tamiflu and instructed us to be sure Ella was fever free for 24 hrs before we got around other people. It wiped her out for a couple of days, but thanks to Tamiflu and the grace of God she made a quick recovery and we still managed to make it to NC just in time for us all to take part in the wedding. Hannah Jane was the flower girl, Ella helped carry the bride's train and Cory and I sang/played Colin Ray's "In This Life." Maggie, who had missed her nap, was wrangled by Nana and Grandy throughout the ceremony. We left LA a day later than planned, but as they say "all's well that ends well." The wedding was at 4pm on Saturday, August 29th. We arrived in Banner Elk around noon. The wedding was a piece of heaven up on the mountain side at Don and Linda's house. Another answered prayer - the weather held up beautifully. We were all thrilled to see the bride and groom commit to each other in marriage. We spent Sunday on Watauga Lake on a Pontoon boat with Cory's family and some of Amber's friends who were in the wedding party. The girls got to "tube" and had a blast! Maggie did not tube, but loved the water. It was a little chilly for my likings. I guess I've been spoiled by the warm south Louisiana water. We drove the entire 800 miles home on Monday to get the girls back to school on Tuesday. It was a beast of a drive and I hope we never repeat it. We were in the car for 15 1/2 hours. Owch! The girls were amazing! It was no fun at all, but Ella had already missed 4 days of school. We couldn't have her miss another day. The makeup work was grueling. I spent several afternoons last week working on homework with her for 1 1/2 hours. She had 4 makeup tests and then more tests on the current material they were covering. Today we finally finished the last piece of makeup work. I don't know who is more relieved me or Ella. Our Labor Day weekend has been a full and productive one. We spent Saturday working on the house and yard - they were both in desperate need of attention. We had a couple over with their 2 daughters for dessert Saturday night. Sunday we went to church and then went over to some friends house for dinner Sunday night. Today, Cory cleaned the cars and I re-arranged the garage so that the Pilot will actually fit in the garage! I am ecstatic about this and neither Cory nor I know exactly why. Be sure to stay tuned for pictures of the girls from the wedding. I have to mention that Jennifer Conant made the girls' dresses. She's such a good friend and so talented. They were perfect! Everyone loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment